An Orangutan-Tour is a Tour company based on orangutan tour in Tanjung Puting National Park in Central Borneo.
Orangutan-Tour is sustainably built & integrated with the Natural, Wildlife and Social Environmental development.
- Our tour is located in a natural area, or a rural area within a short distance to a natural area, and is not significantly impacted by a town site, noises, traffic, or pollution in the first hand.
- It employs land management strategies and systems that protect the environment from pollutions and degradation.
- It minimizes the use of toxic or non-biodegradable chemicals.
- It has organic food available for guests.
- It annually plants endemic vegetation.
- It supports bio diversity.
- It protects native fauna and flora.
- No chemicals are used in the food production system.
- It has a system in place to off set carbon within the area of National Park. (planting indigenous plants & plots)
- Involved in bringing knowledge to local as in terms to give a scholarship for children coming from the area within the park where there is no direct funding of continuing their study in a formal education systems.
- Employs energy saving tactics and renewable energy where possible.
- Buildings are built in harmony with the natural surroundings.
- Buildings consume less than 1/3 of the overall land area.
- Buildings reflect traditional designs.
- It uses only local people where possible within the trip you have.
- Recycles organic and non organic wastes were possible.
- It trains and employs local people who are paid at fair wages.
- It informs guests, staff and visitors of the importance and value of a healthy ecosystem and describes how to best enjoy the area without causing negative impacts.
- It places real value on, and actively supports, the local culture.
- It employs, or has access to, interpretive nature guides who are either trained in biology or have significant local knowledge of the habitat.
- It contributes to the local economy and helps demonstrate that eco tourism is a more sustainable long term ways to earn income than destroying or altering habitats for short term gains.
- It is involved in community social and environmental projects in uplifting their income & knowledge.
- It encourages sustainable economic community development.
- The operation strives to harmonize with and highlight the local culture.
What you can do to be an “Eco guest”
Please bring with you:
- Your love of nature
- Natural insect repellents
- Natural shampoos – we have rivers that are sensitive to chemicals
- If you have any second hand English reading picture books suitable for children we can add them to our library.
Other things… that You also can do in the Tour
- Consider Off setting your Carbon foot print.
- Eco friendly meals from our menu.
- Take a walk with our local guides and in doing so 10% of your fee will go to the Orangutan-Tour Trek fund.